Delicious, fresh and jammed pack with nutritional goodness. Enjoy the simple elements and appreciate fresh vegetables and produce.
Preparation: 15 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking
Serves: 5 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 250g cooked Hokkien egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 400g rump steak, sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ½ tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
Prepare noodles following packet directions. Heat oil in pan, stir-fry beef in two batches, set aside and keep warm. Add onion, garlic and ginger, cooking until onion is translucent. Add broccoli, snow peas and water, cooking until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan. In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces. Stir through beef and vegetables and allow to bubble and thicken.
Substitute 400g lean pork leg steak for beef. Replace broccoli and snow peas with other vegetables, eg: Chinese cabbage, bok choy and sliced carrots.
Recipe © State of Western Australia, 2012.