Colourful, crunchy and refreshingly delicious
Preparation: 10 minutes preparation + 45-60 minutes cooking
Serves: 19 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 5 medium potatoes, scrubbed, cut into chunks
- 4 medium beetroot
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup plump raisins or sultanas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, mint, coriander and/or basil)
Steam potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender. Boil unpeeled beetroot for 30-40 minutes until tender. Cool, peel and cut into wedges. Mix all salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Combine dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well. Toss through salad and serve immediately.
Made to serves 6.
Salad can be prepared beforehand but do not add beetroot and dressing until just before serving as the beetroot will colour the potato and cucumber.
Balsamic vinegar or lemon juice may be substituted for red-wine vinegar.
Recipe © State of Western Australia, 2012.