Another great winter warmer
Preparation Time: 10min (plus 20 min cooking)
Serves 6 people (6 serves of veg in this recipe)
- 1/2 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2tablespoons (30gm) grated reduced fat cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Steam the veges for 6-8 minutes (until tender). Place in an ovenproof dish. In a large saucepan, mix cornflour with a little of the milk and form a paste, stir in the remaining milk and bring to the boil. Keep stirring until thickened. Add cheese and nutmeg then pour sauce over the vegetables and top with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown or bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes.
from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2017, reproduced with