This salad is the perfect side for a family meal time OR a great healthy lunch alternative.
Preparation: 10 min
Serves 4 people (6 serves of veg in the recipe)
- 1 orange
- 3 cups of cabbage – shredded
- 2 spring onions – sliced
- 1 small green capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Grate the orange rind and set aside. Peel and slice orange into segments or rings. Combine orange with cabbage, spring onions and capsicum in a serving bowl.
Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and add orange rind. Pour over salad and mix well.
- Use pink grapefruit instead of oranges
- Add sliced kiwi fruit or grated carrot.
- For a creamy low fat dressing, mix 1/4 cup low fat natural yogurt, 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise, juice of 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon of wholegrain or French mustard.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2017, reproduced with permission