Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Serves: 4 (2 serves veg per person)
- 2 red apples – cored and chopped
- 2 green apples – cored and chopped
- 1 cup celery – sliced
- 1 cup orange segments
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 orange
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix dressing in a jar, pour over the salad. Mix thoroughly and serve.
- why not try adding black or red grapes when in season (and for an added festive feel)
- substitute cashews or macadamias for the walnuts.
- delicious served with grilled chicken or turkey – making it a perfect Christmas dish
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2017, reproduced with permission