A vegie loaf that everyone will love! – It’s NOT impossible anymore!
- ½ cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cups mixed vegetables, diced finely (carrot, potato, corn, pumpkin, zucchini, celery, capsicum, onion).
- 500 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 160 g wholemeal Self Raising flour
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease 2 loaf tins. In a small bowl, mix corn flake and Parmesan cheese. Set aside. Combine remaining ingredients. Mix well and put into loaf tins. Sprinkle corn flake mix over the loaves. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool then turn out and cut each loaf into 12 slices. Makes 24 slices.
This recipe can be cooked in a microwave on HIGH (100%) for 15-20 minutes in a microwave safe container.
Serve with side salad or bread roll.
Recipe © State of Western Australia, 2012.