A tempting family desert – without the guilt
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 800g can pie apples
- 125g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 400gm peach slices, drained
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 cup Uncle Toby’s Traditional Oats
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teasp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tblsp margarine – melted
Preheat oven to 180deg C
Combine apple, blueberries, peaches, lemon juice + zest… and caster sugar in a 6 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Combine Uncle Toby’s Traditional Oats , flour, sugar, cinnamon and nuts in a mixing bowl.
Add margarine to the oats mix and stir until all ingredients are evenly moistened.
Sprinkle crumble over the apple mixture.
Bake for 30 mins or until lightly browned on top.
Serve with vanilla yoghurt or light and creamy vanilla ice cream.
You can even try the leftovers for breakfast – served with natural yoghurt.