Add spice to your life and hold a Mexican Night!
Guacamole is an avocado-based dip or salad first created by the Aztecs in what is now Mexico. It’s made with fresh avocadoes and Chilli (optional) – There are many variations to this recipe and alternatives.
Preparation: 10 minutes preparation
Serves: 6 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stones removed
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander or parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
- Chilli sauce or Tabasco sauce, to taste
Mash avocado and combine with tomato, garlic, lemon juice, onion and coriander. Season with pepper and enough chilli sauce to give a gentle ‘kick’. Serves 6-8.
Serve with crackers or with vegetable crudite.
Also great on jacket potatoes.
Guacamole is featured on the bottom right of the photograph.
Recipe © State of Western Australia, 2012.